I feel like this blog is coming to a close. I know I hardly write anymore but everything seems too sentimental and personal to share.
I had a popsicle for breakfast this morning and moved my last toiletries and computer and clothing into my car where it is all boiling in the heat. I locked my bike outside the apartment on a sign post to pick up later today. This weekend was the hottest weekend ever. I had all sorts of fun plans but obviously most fun plans fall through. I got really sick on Friday and had to call out of work which probably seemed suspicious. Glad I had one sick day left and glad I didn't use it on Thursday when I was slightly hungover. My brothers and Lauren came over to move me out and I cannot thank them enough. I bought them burritos from what I think is the best Mexican place in Philadelphia but that doesn't sufficiently express my gratitude. Vinny, Lindsey and obviously Matty helped as well and I love them for it. We painted all the smudges on the walls with the cheapest white paint we could find (it seems the landlords also used the cheapest white paint they could find). We put the futon mattress on the deck on Sunday and slept under the stars, which we couldn't see but knew were there. Last night we slept on the hardwood floor with the door open and no blankets or bedding.
It's weird to sleep on a hardwood floor and then go work in an office. My clothes are wrinkly and my shirt has paint on it.
Now I'm blocking out days to see people before I go and sleep on their couches.
We got our full security deposit back!! Hell yeah.
Goodbye, first apartment. I'll always remember you and your tarry deck and slanted rooms and lewd sign outside my bedroom window, and your hardwood floors, amazing view and hip address.
Goodbye, Mabel. I hope I stop regretting having let you go and having bad dreams that you are dead or mad at me.
Goodbye, LOST. I liked you better when I watched the first four seasons all at once two summers ago.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
the thing i'll miss most about your apartment is the hip address
--mindy
If you delete this blog, don't forget to archive it first!
Post a Comment