I will write this here and maybe I will leave it for others to see. I never write anything for others to see, anymore, and I seldom write anything for myself. If I can't write for myself than I'd might as well write for others.
Today is a Saturday and the end of summer and the beginning of fall. It is dark now at 7:44 but it was a beautiful and crisp sunny day, somewhere between a teeshirt and a sweatshirt depending on what you were doing. I was making a bunny hutch, mostly, with wood from around the house and some hardware cloth and random screws and what tools I could scrounge up because most of them are at job sites, where I was not because it is Saturday, and because I got an IUD yesterday and am not supposed to do much. I think building a bunny hutch was actually to much because now I hurt and am in bed drinking green tea.
Last night I finished East of Eden, which is the longest book I've read in a while. Jesse and I watched Me and You and Everyone We Know, which he had never seen before and which I have seen at least three times but like enough to watch more times. I read out loud for a while even though it was the end of the book and he hasn't read it, and when he fell asleep I finished it to myself. Reading aloud to eachother is a nice thing that we do sometimes, one of the nicest, probably. He read me a Sherman Alexie story, War Dances, recently, and I would recommend it to anyone.
Getting an IUD was alright, not as bad as I was made to think by all my friends who have already gotten one. I don't really know what else to say about it. The woman who put it in was very pretty with enviable hair. I got dizzy and nauseous and had to have ginger ale and saltines before I could go anywhere.

No comments:
Post a Comment