Saturday, November 7, 2009

Isn't it just

My computer is broken in that Safari isn't showing the bar where I type in urls. Someone (tm?) help? I have to use my little bookmarks for all my navigating and it's annoying as shit.

What's it going to sound like? Ah well, little brothers headed off to battle, the eternal youth of Dan Eldon's Somalia, skipping stones through war-torn Uganda, the sounds of joyous African children, an Ethiopian disco apocalypse, endings, beginnings, that place where joy/sadness meet, running on the beach in the daylight, shaker hymns, fading daguerreotypes, and those strange old-fashioned bathing suits.

I think that, coincidentally, I might be in New York City for two weekends in a row. I don't even like New York City very much. But I guess I like a lot of things and people that happen there.

This is what we all looked like on Halloween, in some art space warehouse in Old Kensington.

Book Club is reading David Sedaris' Me Talk Pretty One Day, which is the first book club book I am not terribly excited about reading, but we needed something quick to read and easy to acquire.

You should watch the movie Happy-Go-Lucky. Especially you, im. It is set in London and has a lot of nice girls in it. It made me laugh a lot, and feel terribly uncomfortable at a few points.

We got a kitchen table. I can't tell you how nice it is to sit there and drink tea or be on this computer or write out rent checks or eat cereal. Photos to come. Our home really looks great. Come sit on our futon. Then fold it out and sleep on it. And then we can eat buckwheat pancakes at the table. Whattaya say?


Here, for no reason at all, are my top played iTunes songs. Looks a lot like my mixes. Also has a good number of friend bands.

1. Seabear - Arms
2. Nana Grizol - Circles 'round the Moon
3. Saves the Day - Do you know what I love the most?
4. Dirty Projectors - Useful Chamber
5. Titus Andronicus - Upon Viewing...
6. Peter and the Wolf - Captain Dan
7. Sunset Rubdown - The Taming of the Hands...
8. Titus Andronicus - No Future Pt. 2
9. Matt Costa - Cold December
10. TV on the Radio - A Method
11. JtG - Hold it In
12. Peter and the Wolf - Safe Travels
13. The Walkmen - In the New Year
14. Dirty Projectors - No Intention
15. Sunset Rubdown - You go on Ahead
16. Dirty Projectors - Remade Horizon
17. Yeasayer - Wait for the Summer
18. LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great
19. Dirty Projectors - Fluorescent Half-Dome
20. Peter and the Wolf - Holy Water
21. Handsome Furs - All we want, baby, is everything
22. CocoRosie - Ohio
23. Hopalong - The Goose and the Wren
24. Sunset Rubdown - Nightingale / December Song
25. Carousel Shy - I wrote you your last song today

Forever immortalized.


5 comments:

tm said...

how about view->show toolbar. should do it.

georgia juniper said...

It only says to hide the toolbar! It thinks the toolbar's there! I have a virus! AHhhhh

Unknown said...

I love Dave Sedaris. I swear it is the only author I have read with a book that made me cry, laugh out loud really hard, want to puke and made me really angry.

Strawberries and a Sailing Ship said...

I though I recommended that movie to you like three months ago in an email!
Alex and I watched it in the winter and thought about you.

Strawberries and a Sailing Ship said...

Also, just use firefox.