Wednesday, November 4, 2009

you can't take it with you


Gone are the days bonfires make me think of you. Looks like the prophecy came true: You are a fallen tree. He is a fallen tree. "How old are you?" "No, how old are you?"

Work is changing, quickly. My VISTA year is up in two and a half weeks. It is unusual that parts of life are split up so neatly, into a year for example. It is so neatly divided into a clean little chapter: my year in Philadelphia as a VISTA at PW.
Things that have happened in the past week:

- We got a futon off of craigslist. It is red with a wooden frame and pretty great in general.
- Subsequently, we reorganized the living room to fit the futon. There is currently no room for a table. I reaallly want a table, but it would mean getting rid of the fish or the drumset. I'd prefer to keep the drumset, love the fish as I might.- We got three goldfish that are bigger than our original 12 guys (RIP)
- Work is picking up, preparations for tax season are upon us and keeping me busy. I opted to stay at my old desk in an office with three other VISTAs over moving to a private office where there are no windows. It will be winter and the sun won't be out when I am not at work.
- Matt's friend came to stay with us for a week. He leaves tomorrow and I'm a little bummed out about it--it's been really fun to have two roommates. We've been making dinner and going out to eat and grocery shopping and watching movies and it has just been so delightful.
- I was Jean Seberg from Breathless for Halloween. I'd rather have been Lil Wayne but there was no time to buy a wig.
- Halloween was way fun- I hung out with some co-workers and I worked out some silly issues with people and ended the weekend feeling really warm and fuzzy on the futon watching a Woody Allen movie.

good afternoon petunia
dvds returned
eggs gathered
trees felled
hens petted
knives whetted
gets getted
etc.
ad infinitum

No comments: