Tuesday, September 28, 2010

15 albums

These are 15 albums that will always stay with me, I think. Some of them were pretty crucial to the route my music tastes have taken, all of them meant a lot at the time. They are in chronological order, starting around middle school through high school and college. Only the last album entered my life after college which means I had better start seeking out more music. There are other albums I have listened to over and over and know all the words and will always love, and there are other albums that would be included if this list was of formitive albums in my life (Blink 182's Enema of the State & Eels Daisies of the Galaxy would be here along with Rancid's And Out Come the Wolves). But these are the ones that I think I will always be able to put on and sing along with and appreciate as much as I did when I first started listening to them.


Paul Simon & Garfunkel, Bridge Over Troubled Water
Weezer, Pinkerton
Saves the Day, Stay What You Are
Against Me! is Reinventing Axl Rose
The Weakerthans, Left & Leaving
The Clash, London Calling
Bright Eyes, Lifted, or The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground
The Good Life, Black Out
Sufjan Stevens, Seven Swans
Neutral Milk Hotel, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Animal Collective, Feels
Girl Talk, Night Ripper
Sunset Rubdown, Random Spirit Lover
De La Soul, 3 Feet High and Rising
Hopalong, Freshman Year

No comments: