I went bowling at North Bowl last night. I wore my stolen bowling shoes for bowling for the first time ever. I was scared they wouldn't let me because 1. I have worn them outside and 2. they are clearly from another bowling alley but they didn't say anything at all. So I saved myself two bucks. I also cut Tommy's hair and he is the first person to ever ever pay me for a haircut. I think I lost the five dollar bill today though.
I went to Horizons, which is this really fancy vegan restaurant, for the first time ever. They had this vegan drinks event that was supposed to be like a social but no one there looked like someone I would want to be social with except for the bartenders. Everyone was like a late 20-something young professional. I guess I might be that in five years but I am a snob for now I guess, in the sense that I don't like when people are dressed too poshly. Anyway, though, Heather and her friend Alanna and I had a lovely time ordering every appetizer on the menu and sharing them. We had two desserts as well--red velvet cake and cinnamon ice cream and they were so good. I can't afford that restaurant regularly but I would definitely go there for dessert some time. I didn't drink, despite the name of the event, except for splurging on two iced teas. I really don't see the point in drinking if you're not going to get drunk, and I can't ever justify purchasing five dollar drinks at a bar.
So I spent twenty dollars tonight total on all these fancy and delicious vegan foods and I wouldn't have spent so much except that I was celebrating... I SHOULD BE GETTING FOODSTAMPS IN FIVE DAYS!!! A wonderful young man at the county assistance office finally helped me out, after many many phone calls to various caseworkers' (voicemails) and two trips to Buttonwood Street. I should be getting back foodstamps as well, which means over two hundred dollars, bam just like that. I am going to feast. I am going to buy every ingredient for every recipe in vegan with a vengeance. Heather and I are going to start having Tuesday dinners again. I am so happy. The long wait, while frustrating and awful, will have made the actual receipt of food stamps much more rewarding.
We've been keeping the heat in our apartment at 55 degrees since the last bill was $230. I got the bill for this past month and it went down $100. Which is awesome, 50 bucks in my pocket. I hoped it would be a little lower but I didn't really expect it to.
today is a good day!
Menzingers show at the Titan house tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment