I think that if there was an award for sleeping, I honestly might be in the running for my age group.
Also, at the top of my list of "Things That Make Me Crazy in a Bad Way" is "when people ride/drive their crazy loud motorcycles/cars past my open window so that I have to pause a movie I am watching in order to not miss anything. The fact that this volume fills my room so completely is entirely frustrating. The same goes for incredibly loud bass that feels as if it is inside my own skull.
Last night I got to see the Philadelphia Orchestra and for free! It was obviously amazing and I was with music friends who knew cool stuff like musicians' salaries and that one violinist throws wild parties on Spruce Street and that the one upright bass cost a quarter of a million dollars. The orchestra has this deal for college students now where you can pay $25 and see as many shows as you want for a whole year at no additional cost. Pretty cool.
A few days ago I did a major cleaning overhaul of my room. I am taking home a bunch of books and other stuff I won't be needing in the next two months when I go home on Sunday. I brought my sewing machine table into my room because I really wanted a desk for sewing, writing and typing. Typically my desk is my bed which isn't the best system. I'll post photos once it's completely done so you can admire my interior design skills, of which my strategy is mostly to just cover everything in fabric.
I am thinking about the possibility of having a yardsale. Maybe even on Saturday--I wonder if that would be worth it. Also, the Mew Gallery is having a clothing swap on October 16th and I intend on getting rid of some of the cutesy clothes that I have really loved but now feel are slightly too young for me. See: my red polka dotted dress that I wore a ton in London, and other similarly cut babydoll-style dresses.
A few days ago I did a major cleaning overhaul of my room. I am taking home a bunch of books and other stuff I won't be needing in the next two months when I go home on Sunday. I brought my sewing machine table into my room because I really wanted a desk for sewing, writing and typing. Typically my desk is my bed which isn't the best system. I'll post photos once it's completely done so you can admire my interior design skills, of which my strategy is mostly to just cover everything in fabric.
I am thinking about the possibility of having a yardsale. Maybe even on Saturday--I wonder if that would be worth it. Also, the Mew Gallery is having a clothing swap on October 16th and I intend on getting rid of some of the cutesy clothes that I have really loved but now feel are slightly too young for me. See: my red polka dotted dress that I wore a ton in London, and other similarly cut babydoll-style dresses.
Probably don't waste your time reading this if you're a boy:
(not to stereotype, but I feel as if more boys than girls read this stuff and much of the stuff I talk about would not be
interesting for at least the boys I know who read it)
I dyed my hair with henna again and this time I was disappointed that it doesn't look any darker, at least to me. Because I know at least some people are interested in this details, I will write about my experience and results.
Last time, which was the first time, I shaved up the block of henna with a cheese grater and added hot water and perhaps too much olive oil. The idea of putting olive oil in my hair really appealed to me and the Lush website said it makes it easier to get the cakey product out. I put the brownie batter-like substance in the oven on warm for about an hour, which some people on the forum suggested would make the color come out more. This is probably bullshit, since these people also added weird stuff like paprika and cinnamon to their mixtures, which I am possitive had absolutely no effect.
I did some things differently this second time. I had some of the mix left over from before so I added more shavings and water but no more olive oil. I washed my hair with the sample of "clarifying shampoo" the Lush girls gave me. Last time I put the stuff on dirty hair which had products like leave-in conditioner which were possibly blocking the dye from penetrating my hair to the fullest. So I washed and dried my hair and put the henna on like last time and left it in for almost three hours, uncovered.
I should also say that I used almost two blocks the first time and had leftovers, so I probably only needed one block in the first place. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, who knows. I just want my hair to be my natural color and about seven inches longer.
I dyed my hair with henna again and this time I was disappointed that it doesn't look any darker, at least to me. Because I know at least some people are interested in this details, I will write about my experience and results.
Last time, which was the first time, I shaved up the block of henna with a cheese grater and added hot water and perhaps too much olive oil. The idea of putting olive oil in my hair really appealed to me and the Lush website said it makes it easier to get the cakey product out. I put the brownie batter-like substance in the oven on warm for about an hour, which some people on the forum suggested would make the color come out more. This is probably bullshit, since these people also added weird stuff like paprika and cinnamon to their mixtures, which I am possitive had absolutely no effect.
I did some things differently this second time. I had some of the mix left over from before so I added more shavings and water but no more olive oil. I washed my hair with the sample of "clarifying shampoo" the Lush girls gave me. Last time I put the stuff on dirty hair which had products like leave-in conditioner which were possibly blocking the dye from penetrating my hair to the fullest. So I washed and dried my hair and put the henna on like last time and left it in for almost three hours, uncovered.
I should also say that I used almost two blocks the first time and had leftovers, so I probably only needed one block in the first place. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, who knows. I just want my hair to be my natural color and about seven inches longer.
I've exhausted all the episodes of Weeds on Netflix Instant Watch, thank goodness. I watches seasons 1 and 2 in record time.

1 comment:
I've been patiently (well...but still going crazy) waiting for my hair to get long. I'm not cutting it again until Christmas. I hope this helps grow it out, but supposedly to grow dye out it takes like two years. Most of my hair is brown except the hair on top which is bleached by the sun so it's a weird orangey blonde. I should care, but I just pull it half back and try not to worry.
Post a Comment