Tuesday, September 29, 2009

places

Today I did something I have for some reason never done and looked at jobs and apartments in New York City on Craig's List, just to see what sorts of things there are. I learned that a.) Though it is obviously more expansive than babyPhilly, there are still rooms in apartments for $500 bucks a month. Whether I'd get mugged every night if I lived in one, I have no idea, because I know next to nothing about New York City. And, b.) Many service industry jobs require a photo with your resume. Hmm.
I know a couple from home who just moved into an apartment in Astoria and I can't help but be a little jealous. If you share a one-room apartment with someone, you can even live in a nice place in a nice area.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Personally, I have never looked for apts in NYC. What I learned from people who have are the following things:

1) If it's too good to be true (on CLs), it is.
2) It's easier to apartment hunt if you're there because apartments go fast.
3) Sometimes subletting is illegal and, if the landlord finds out, one would be thrown out, so, if you do sublet, make sure it's legal in the person's lease.