Happy October, dears.
My zinnias are on the decline, but beautiful even as such.
Bloomsburg Fair last year with Sean and Shelley:
Kind of a very basic glance at what I was up to last year at this time versus this year, now.
(I worked at the Rustic Kitchen and hung out with my coworkers all the time while anxiously awaiting my move to Philadelphia. Now I work as a VISTA and hang out with Ashley, Tommy and Matt while anxiously awaiting my move to Greece. Patterns.)
today I
- got a free flu shot and didn't cry (I have never had a flu shot and I wouldn't have done it except all I had to do was get in a car with the other VISTAs and roll up my sleeve when I got there. We didn't even have to get out of the car, it was amazingly efficient. Kudos, DePArtment of Public Health.
- bought new contacts from visiondirect.com (I have shopped around extensively and this seems to be the best one) including an awesome panda bear contact case since I needed to make the order $100 to get free shipping and 15% off
- downloaded an .rar extracter ALL BY MYSELF
(recommend things for me to download!)
- purchased roundtrip bus tickets to New York later in October for $2.50. Even if I don't go, it is not a big deal in the slightest
- Started to read a new book, Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri, that a coworker lent me although I am slightly behind on our bookclub book (Midnight's Children).
And yesterday I decided that I am going to cut my hair afterall. Here are my reasons.
a. Let's face the facts, I look better with short hair.
b. Short hair can be more interesting. I am more interested in girls who have short hair.
c. For my hair to be as long as I want it, it will have to look bad for like another year. I am too vain/this world is too cruel for me to feel like I don't look good. Plus I wear it up everyday now, so it just looks like it's short, but with more hassle.
d. i'll get rid of the bleached ends and my hair will be soft and healthy
e. long hair doesn't even really look that nice most of the time. i've been looking at photos of Urban Outfitters models and it honestly isn't that great. If my hair was curly or really wavy, but it's just thick and barely wavy. Boring.
b. Short hair can be more interesting. I am more interested in girls who have short hair.
c. For my hair to be as long as I want it, it will have to look bad for like another year. I am too vain/this world is too cruel for me to feel like I don't look good. Plus I wear it up everyday now, so it just looks like it's short, but with more hassle.
d. i'll get rid of the bleached ends and my hair will be soft and healthy
e. long hair doesn't even really look that nice most of the time. i've been looking at photos of Urban Outfitters models and it honestly isn't that great. If my hair was curly or really wavy, but it's just thick and barely wavy. Boring.
I have also picked out a related-to-haircut Halloween costume idea.
What an accomplished two days.
Lots of exciting work events coming up in the next few weeks. Including lots of free meals!
We're paying rent in this apartment for the last time this week.

3 comments:
hey listen-
i'm interesting and have boring hair, jerk.
though soon it might be some sloppily henna-ed red hue.
haha i wasn't thinking that your hair was long, though honestly, when your hair was long in freshman year you did look very interesting. i think cause of that messy waitress bun you pulled off so well and those shorter front pieces. but my hair, long, is nothing to write home about. sorry, girl :)
ha, it's okay.
now my hair is long and red, which is making me look more waitress pretty than ever. i might as well start wearing lipstick and carrying pies around with me.
Post a Comment