
and now for some life goals:
I want to see lava
I want to go to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival
In this entre-nous spirit, then, old confidant, before we join the others, the grounded everywhere, including, I'm sure, the middle-aged hot-rodders who insist on zooming us to the moon, the Dharma Bums, the makers of cigarette filters for thinking men, the Beat and the Sloppy and the Petulant, the chosen cultists, all the lofty experts who know so well what we should or shouldn't do with our poor little sex organs, all the bearded, proud, unlettered young men and unskilled guitarists and Zen-killers and incorporated aesthetic Teddy boys who look down their thoroughly unenlightened noses at this splendid planet where (please don't shut me up) Kilroy, Christ, and Shakespeare all stopped--before we join these others, I privately say to you, old friend (unto you, really, I'm afraid), please accept from me this unpretentious bouquet of very early-blooming parantheses: (((()))).
j.d.s (Seymour, an Introduction)
I am currently reading
Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck
but I forgot it at work so I started
The Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan
and I had only read Raise High the Roofbeam, Carpenters, so I finally started
Seymour, an Introduction
then it's onto
Big Sur by Jack Kerouac
my plate is full.
Today I started to compile what are mostly notes about feelings jotted into emails and saved as drafts. I think I might like to put them together into a little poetry book but probably more of a zine. You probably know how I feel about other people reading things I've written, only with the very slight exception of this blog (where most of my posts weren't written by me, anyway), so we will see how that goes. Mostly I just want to hand sew some binding and mess around with images and formatting. But there will be words, as well, and not just quotes of white American male authors.
Two of my bestest girl friends are moving (back) to Philly in the next week. Having recently made another girl friend, and without having to uncomfortably try (for once!), I will have more girl friends than I have since living in Art House. AND a long lost best friend just messaged me about moving here. In two and a half months Ivy will be back, too. I just won't know what to do with myself! Maybe staying in Philly wouldn't be so bad. The rent, the rent! It's just so cheap compared to the only other place I would care to live in the eastern United States.
I've been spending way too much money lately, and way too much money on myself. I had put off a lot of purchases while I was a vista and now I'm buying things I've wanted, though obviously not needed, for a year. I had better stop it because this gig is up on June 2nd.

No comments:
Post a Comment