two on the cheeks and one on the head.
This New Year's was pretty standard--not unlike other parties except that there were more people out and all of those people were more drunk than they'd usually be. I bought a 1.5 liter jug of Carlo Rossi Paisano and carried it around all night, pouring it into the occasional empty cup like some sort of wine fairy. I wore a dress that I've had for over a year but had never worn. Matt and I took a bus from one quiet but fun party to a completely out of hand warehouse party. We arrived at 11:59pm and didn't have to pay $5 at the door. I punched a boy for stepping on my foot but actually for being a jerk to me something like three months ago (I'm scary sometimes). I cried embarrassing four tears in a drunken heart-to-heart with a friend who I hardly see or speak to anymore (though we've been making more of an effort since then). I got to talk about how happy I am to someone who used to make me sad. I saw a lot of girls I really like and maybe a few boys too. I fell asleep on a couch in my coat, hat and scarf. I lost one of my new gloves. Walked home itching in last night's clothes, a mile home in the smallest high heels ever, but high heels even so. I stayed in bed all day on Friday, justifying it with the fact that holidays are like stolen days off from work and I was getting paid no matter what I was doing. Plus, I hadn't slept much in the week prior and needed to catch up. I missed the Mummer's Parade for the second year in a row. I didn't care too much for the second year in a row. Maybe next year I'll be in Philadelphia for New Year's and maybe I will go.
I hardly left the house over the weekend--the wind was crazy whipping around the signs outside and I could feel myself getting sick. I went for coffee on Friday and rode my bike for the first time in a long time, to eat Pho on Saturday and I grocery shopped and bought fancy soap and blush, and I didn't leave at all on Sunday. I think all my sleeping over the weekend may have helped me to bypass the flu. This sure feels like the flu, but in small scale. I hope it's gone by tomorrow. Too much to do at work!

No comments:
Post a Comment