
Last night was pleasant; I ate pho with Vincent and Tony and did some grocery shopping. I also tried out this trick I learned to rent free movies from those red boxes in grocery stores. The trick is just that there are passwords. I think the passwords change from time to time but you can find them on the internet. The passwords I know are DVDONME (which worked) and BREAKROOM (which I haven't tried). The problem with this is that those red boxes have a shitty selection and only cost a dollar to begin with. I got a movie called The Cake Eaters cause that pretty girl from Into The Wild is in it but she's not as pretty in this movie and the plot really just sucks pretty bad. The girl's name in it, though, is Georgia. I wouldn't have watched the whole thing if I hadn't also been talking to Ivy.
Highlights of the weekend: seeing Ian, seeing Shervin, and, to a lesser extent and in a very superficial sense, seeing Ashley Olsen. I also sometimes enjoy travelling by public transportation, so I will count the bus trip there as a highlight because I was reading this really good book.
Today I took September 11th off of work to go to All Tomorrow's Parties with Eric and for free. Psyched.
Line-up:
Friday 11 September - Don't Look Back/Comedy:
The Jesus Lizard, Iron and Wine, Dirty Three performing Ocean Songs, Suicide performing Suicide, The Feelies performing Crazy Rhythms, The Drones performing Wait Long by the River and the Bodies of Your Enemies Will Float by and comedy stage featuring and curated by David Cross withEugene Mirman, Jon Benjamin & Jon Glaser and Derrick Brown & The Navy Gravy.
Saturday 12 September - Curated by ATP:
Animal Collective, Panda Bear, Deerhunter, Melvins, Boss Hog, El-P, Dead Meadow, Akron/Family, Sleepy Sun, Black Dice, Antipop Consortium, Autolux, Atlas Sound, Bridezilla, Sufjan Stevens, Shellac, Grouper and Circulatory System.
Sunday 13 September - Curated by The Flaming Lips:
performing The Flaming Lips, Boredoms performing 9 drummer BOADRUM, No Age with Bob MouldHüsker Dü, Caribou Vibration Ensemble, Deerhoof with Martha Colburn, Crystal Castles, Super Furry Animals, Boris performing Feedbacker, The Lows Lows and Oneida presents The Ocropolis, Hopewell, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Menomena and Birds Of Avalon.
TC just told me I'm her friend-who-likes-music-most after I tried to tell her I don't even particularly like music festivals. I just like hanging out with my friends and seeing a few particularly amazing bands over and over.

No comments:
Post a Comment