Tuesday, August 11, 2009

comets don't care about the date



Tonight is the Perseid meteor shower, an annual meteor shower caused by sand-sized bits of debris from the Swift-Tuttle comet. Apparently the best time to view it will be between midnight and 5am. I think I might make a trip out of the city to watch it. Last year I believe it was cloudy or raining when it came through.


I'm going home this weekend and hiking in Glen Onoko on Saturday. I don't think I like August in the city. I'm going to drink beers on my porch swing alone if I have to and appreciate the coolness and fresh smell provided by trees more than ever. Maybe I will sleep on the hammock, which is never as comfortable as I hope it will be but I haven't done it yet this year and I don't have a bed to sleep on at home anyway.


No comments: