Friday, August 14, 2009

the unborn

So today at work, a girl in our 16-18 year old youth program noticed my eyes and said, "Do you have a..." and I said, "twin? No" and she said, "Yeah! Do you?" and I said, "no" and she said, "then how did you know what I was going to say?" and I said, "Someone asked me that once before."
I had assumed it was an old wives tale or something but this girl explained that it is a movie.

The interesting thing is, it was pretty eerie when the first person asked me and today when that girl asked me because I found out a few years ago that I actually did have an 'undeveloped' twin, you know, in there with me. Little known Georgia fact. I beat him/her out in the end, I guess.

Movie synopsis:

The Unborn is a supernatural thriller that draws upon the legend of a dybbuk, a malevolent spirit that refuses to leave the human world and inhabits the body of a person. Protagonist Casey Beldon (Odette Yustman) is plagued by merciless dreams, visions of strange looking dogs, and an evil child with bright blue eyes. After being hit with a mirror by her neighbor's son, Casey's eyes begin to change color and she learns she had a twin brother who died in the womb. Casey begins to suspect that the spirit haunting her is the soul of her dead twin, being possessed by a dybbuk, wanting to be born so it can transfer to the world of the living.

This sounds like a movie I would probably not like.

No comments: