but you get to save the world
g: right now i'm eating honey nut cheerios and googling shit
Tuesday was full and great and educational and fun.
There was a CRAZY thunderstorm that woke me up at 7:30 on Tuesday morning. Non-stop thunder and lighting like every 2 seconds, it was really remarkable. Plus heavy rain and hail. I fell back asleep and didn't wake up til 10:30. I decided not to go to work, mostly because JM and I had plans for Saturday to go to Chipotle in University City and the UPenn Museum of Archeology and Anthropology that I had to cancel for a potential Chicago trip that, as it turned out, I also had to cancel. We rode to University City and got iced coffee and walked to the museum and saw all sorts of artifacts and aerial photographs and neat stuff and we did an exit survey so we both got passes to go back there unlimited til like January. Then we rode to Chipotle and ate delicious burritos. Then we rode to Fishtown to see the warehouse where a bunch of our friends are moving. The roof is amazing and 12,000 square feet and there is a field next to it for potential beautifying/gardening, but there are soo few windows. Huge windows are why I like warehouses.
Anyway, the warehouse is filthy dirty right now with lots of garbage and messiness and I guess there were squatters who left junk all over. I imagine a lot of summer days with a bunch of our sweaty friends and a few cases of beer cleaning it out and painting and installing and I think that will be really fun.
We rode 15 miles, I google mapsed it.
Then I worked on plush stuff and met with Yis. We need a name and a table at the punk rock flea market.
I watched part of this French film called Grand Ecole but it was corny so we put on a documentary called "Stolen" about the largest ever art heist, which was in Boston in 1990. I fell asleep halfway though but I watched the rest of it the next day and it was neat. The paintings, including Vermeer's "The Concert," two Rembrants, a Manet, something like four Degas', have yet to be recovered.

Then I spent a lot of time at work yesterday learning about:
various art thefts
limnic eruptions
Krakatao
various other natural disasters (volcanoes, tsunamis esp.)
stereoblindness
various Danse Macabre paintings
Then I went home and cooked dinner for and watched "Who the fuck is Jackson Pollock" which was really interesting. A 73 year old lady truck driver bought a Pollock at a thrift store for five dollars and no one in the stupid art world will buy it even after they forensically prove it's an original. It's like because the painting was orphaned, it is worthless, even though it should be something like 15 million dollars. Then a Saudi Arabian art collector offers her 9 million and she turns it down because she knows it's worth more than that. The painting is still for sale by the woman.
Things I am interested in/excited about:
Brendan is getting a new bike and I plan on buying his old Fuji fixed gear
I really want to go to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta in October, but i might have to settle for this one in New Jersey in July. Who's with me? It's only 60 miles from Philly.
learning as much as possible on wikipedia at work. also memorizing state capitals, US presidents, and countries of Europe, to start.
Tomorrow my aunt is coming to visit with her friend whose son works at this fancy restaurant on Rittenhouse where we will be eating dinner. It's called Parc and it is French with limited vegan/veg options. I will need to dress up and hide my tattoo from Aunt Cathie.
Art thefts haha. My dad is sending me The Thomas Crown affair, the new one. The old one is on netflix watch it now.
Ashley might move in with us, increasing fun and cats in the apartment and decreasing rent for each of us by $130 which I would save all of for my post AmeriCorps adventures.
Having food stamps again, eating healthier and feeding my friends
Kevin and I are making vegan ice cream on Sunday
wearing more old lady clothes
(flea markets, yard sales, summer time things)
I want to go to a drive-in movie!
Chicago in July!
"I think [the bicycle] has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives a woman a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. The moment she takes her seat she knows she can't get into harm unless she gets off her bicycle, and away she goes, the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." -SBA, 1896
"I think [the bicycle] has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives a woman a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. The moment she takes her seat she knows she can't get into harm unless she gets off her bicycle, and away she goes, the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." -SBA, 1896

No comments:
Post a Comment