Tuesday, May 26, 2009

All you need is drums to start a dance party

I mastered the dance but now you're gone
All you need is drums to start a dance party
You're invited to our dance party
All you need are kisses to start a make-out party
You're invited to my make-out party.


This weekend Brendan and I took a Chinatown bus to DC to meet up with the Jukebox boys. If I write the whole band name Ben gets a google alert and that makes me sort of uncomfortable. I hadn't seen them in two months so it was really great to see them and Shervin for two solid days.  It's funny that they used to be my new friends, but since they left they have become my old friends.  I remember when I was complaining about not having anyone I can be completely comfortable around.  That's thankfully no longer true.

Highlights:

We blew up 71 black balloons and during their cover of Temptation by New Order with the members of the band they are touring with four of us sort of ran on stage and released these garbage bag of balloons. It was really fun and looked really cool.

Free meals and drinks!

the (free) National Zoo--lions, tigers and panda bears, oh my
(that gorilla is holding a baby gorilla)

I played dj in the car because they are sick of having to do it and because I like to. Having four iPods at your disposal is fun; they have all of the rap hits I wish I did.

The other band, whose name I won't say for the same google alerts reason, is really fun and I'm excited to see them tonight in Philly.
football in parking lots

Shervin bought me Chipotle

Yesterday was way long and full. I rode a borrowed bike home from the Jukehouse in Northern Liberties at 3am so that I could sleep in my own bed. I woke up at like 10:30 and watered the plants and showered and stuff. Then I went back to NoLibs to eat lunch with Shervin, Tommy and Ben. I had tofu scramble, which is always good but never as great as when I make it myself.

Last night almost all of my friends came over for an unplanned memorial day hang out on the deck, which now has a table with an umbrella and lots of plants.

I think my brain is still soaking in heaven hill whiskey at 3pm on Tuesday. I feel the kind of hung over but not in pain. I just can't think straight and people talking loudly is really getting to me and I got lost in a Target over my lunch break. At least I took out my contacts last night so my eyes don't hurt. I think my body forgot about liquor and it really came as a shock.

i think i am going to treat myself to new sheets. sleeping is important, it should be done well.

No comments: