Sunday, May 31, 2009

those incredible apples and pears

Today my dad came to visit with my brother, Nick, and my dad's lady friend who I was meeting for the first time.  We went to that Greek festival for lunch and then to the PMA for the last day of the Cezanne and Beyond exhibit.  It was another really nice 'day out in Philly' type of day.  Shoes on gallery floors sound so nice.  My dad saw my tattoo for the first time and just poked it and said, "you have decoration on your arm," and that was it.  No questions, just that statement.  

They got Pat's cheesesteaks and I got a Gianna's cheesesteak and we ate them on my deck.  It was crazy windy.  Nick and I climbed onto the roof afterwards so I could show him the skyline.  I think Alex might be coming to visit next weekend.

I thought I had killed all three fish when I changed the water but I only killed one. 

Yesterday I went to see Toy Soldiers at the Craft Bazaar with Vinny and then I set off to Asbury Park, New Jersey for a graduation party with a keg of magic hat and amazing Mexican food.  Justin and I rode bikes to the party and then from the party to the beach just to see the ocean.  We didn't have places to sleep so we got some coffee with shots of some weird 7-11 caffeine stuff and I stole a cigarette out of someone's sweatshirt for the car ride home but I never smoked it, because I still don't actually like smoking cigarettes.  We got home at like three in the morning hopped up on coffee and watched some horrible movie called "Conversations with Other Women" that we fast forwarded through at intervals just to see exactly what was going on.  It was like a mix of The Good Life's "Always a Bridesmaid" and something shitty.  The two main characters cheated on their significant others which made me feel sick.  All too familiar.    Brendan said I perpetuate my own problems.  

(this is what i would look like driving a car in New Zealand)

I'm trying to grow my hair out and I want some sort of permy thing that will make my hair wavy and not boring.  

I just watched this movie, "Me Without You" which I liked for a few reasons:
-it's about a girls relationship
-it's set in the '70s and '80s
-it has attractive people in it and some good music
-i like bildungsromans (can i just pluralize that with an s at the end?)
-accents
-happy + sad

"There's no me without you," I've been a real sucker for lovey songs and quotes lately, not even necessarily in relation to anyone in particular.  Just general lovey-ness.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If I had a dime for every time one of us said we wanted to grow our hair out, I would have at least three dollars.

Justin Murphy (@jmrphy) said...

you do perpetuate your own problems but sometimes that's far more brilliant than just avoiding or, even worse, solving problems. anyone can do that.