Monday, May 11, 2009

drink up, buttercup

I am watching Être et avoir on someone else's netflix watch it now.  Today for work I went to a counseling training which was really neat although I am terrified to be in situations where people (strangers) are not only talking about personal things but looking to me for some sort of guidance.  I really love being able to ride my bike to work when we do things in the city.  I've spent this afternoon and evening cleaning the kitchen so Matt doesn't have to deal with my gross bachelor lifestyle whenever he might return.  The other day I realized I was eating a BLT minus lettuce or tomato (with soy bacon and nayonaise) and drinking chocolate soymilk right out of the carton and thought, "I am so gross."  Tonight I also fried plantains that I got at the foodbank.  On Saturday I mashed plantains but I didn't really eat any and then I left them out.  The thing is, I make these sort of elaborate foods or baked goods or what have you, but I never actually make them because I want to eat them.  That's why I have a whole loaf of banana bread here from when I baked it on Friday or whenever it was.  

Saturday night I had a pretty bad nightmare.  Some fictional man was trying to get at me.  I believe he had a knife.  I was in some sort of business that had apartments upstairs and all my Philly friends were there.  When I told them the man was coming for me, they explained that they couldn't lock the door because of the business, but I could hide upstairs.  Yis helped me hide on a bunk bed but the man found me.  I woke up then, all taut and terrified.  Real cryptic message, huh?  

Animal Collective show tomorrow.   I have to leave my house at around 5:30 the following morning to go to Harrisburg for some seminar.  That should suck pretty bad.

Today I got an amazing birthday package from New Zealand <3>

Really into this band, even if I can only listen to them on their myspace.  Listen to Mr. Pie Eyes.

Texts From Last Night  can make me laugh out loud.  Here's some good ones:
(316): I got so drunk I pissed the bed last night. He still likes me. He's a keeper
(785): He is a keeper. You on the other hand are not.


(401): dude, the reading rainbow guy was just talking to a HOLOGRAM
(616): Are you sure you're not watching Star Trek?
(401): wait... oh

(714): i have i love cock written on my hand and a vagina drawn on my arm and i just finished eating breakfast with the whole fam for mothers day
(619): ahah at least you got away with it
(714): nope...my gran was the one who informed me


(864): and the officer said have you been drinking
(864): and i said NOO SIR.
(864): and he said, I am a woman.


(507): I want your puppy
(507): I meant pussy
(612): I would rather you take my puppy


(818): Jake died.
(310): WTF????????? That's how you tell me????
(818): Oops typo. Jake cried.


(407): If you were a Panda and I were a Koala and we had a baby, it'd be a falafel. Just think about that.

No comments: