Saturday, May 30, 2009

bookbag full of boxed wine

You can tell I'm having some sort of mini-crisis when I start wearing lipstick and talking about wanting to buy a pack of cigarettes.

There has been some sort of jazz happening outside my window on Passyunk lately.  A tuba playing the same bass lines over and over and sometimes a sax and a man singing like a black Tom Waits.  I haven't actually gone down to look at it, but I can see some brass glimmer under an awning from the living room.  The tuba wouldn't let me sleep past noon today.  

People came over last night because I got a million texts yesterday saying, "What's going on tonight?" and I didn't have an answer so I thought I'd step up and let people come over at 11.  Before that my new friend Eric who plays drums for Adrian Belew and is giving me drum lessons at no charge (?!) got Indian food and I got a box of wine and it was all very delicious.  And before THAT I went to the South Philly Tap Room with Arrah.  Girl friends, yeah!

I'm going to go cut Vinny's hair and go to this Greek festival.  Oh, and maybe the Art Star Craft Bazaar!  Just as I was about to start feeling sorry for myself, all sorts of neat things popped up.  I need to do laundry so badly but I pretty much refuse to go to a laundromat alone.  Just because if you're going to be waiting around, you might as well be hanging out and splitting the cost.  I am such a dependent little girl.

1 comment:

Strawberries and a Sailing Ship said...

I watched part of Once Upon a Time in the West today and thought how good the lady's lipstick looked and how much I wanted it.